Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, zopf bread. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Zopf bread is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Zopf bread is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
Pastry Chef, Fred Pfister demonstrates his method for making Zopf, a Swiss Plaited Bread. Please note, website has now changed - For full recipe and. Zopf (which literally means braid) is probably the most famous Swiss bread..to real Zopf bread; Just using All Purpose flour results in a bread that is too much like normal I am very happy here but i sure missed my Zopf.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook zopf bread using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Zopf bread:
- Make ready 250 gms flour
- Get 35 gms butter
- Make ready 125 ml milk
- Take 35 grams sugar
- Take 1/4 salt
- Get for brushing:
- Make ready 1 tbsp milk
- Prepare 1 tbsp nib sugar
Zopf, usually formed into a simple three-strand braid, is a basic example of this Swiss art. Zopf Easily Switzerland's most famous bread, Zopf is enjoyed in all regions of the country Good Zopf has a shiny, crisp exterior and an interior that manages to be both fluffy and chewy. Recipe and picture by Betty-Bossi, used with permission. Everyone who has ever been to Switzerland has possibly seen or even tried this bread.
Instructions to make Zopf bread:
- Assemble the ingredients
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, lukewarm milk, yeast, salt, sugar and butter. Combine well to obtain a rough dough.
- Transfer to a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Place in a bowl cover with plastic wrap and let it double about 3 hours.
- Grease a baking sheet, punch the dough and divide into 3 equal pieces, roll each into a long thin rope.
- Bring one of the ends together. Start braiding by braiding right end across the center rope. Now the right rope comes to the center and the center ones goes to the hand side. Now bring the left most rope on top of the center one.
- Repeat the process till you reach the end of the rope. Tuck the ends beneath the braid.
- Now brush the braid with milk and nib sugar and Cover them loosely and let sit for another 30 minutes until risen.
- Now bake them in pre heated oven 200 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
Zopf is a soft milk bread and is a family tradition with us; it is usually served with butter and jam It is a breakfast or dinner bread. If you need to know how to do the plait, let me know and I'll send you a. Zopf bread is traditionally made with butter, milk, and zopf flour. Let me show you how to make this delicious bread with plant-based ingredients Zopf bread is a delicacy in Switzerland. Dairy is beloved by the Swiss.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food zopf bread recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!